Friday, December 02, 2005

Film Today Awards night


I want to do films which will satisfy my fans, says Vijay
S.R.Ashok Kumar

Film Today Awards night was celebrated with pomp and show at Kamaraj auditorium

CHENNAI : It was one of those star-studded evenings at the Kamaraj auditorium on Saturday.
Film Today Awards night was celebrated with pomp and show.

Vijay came clad in his customary jeans and rolled full-sleeve outfit while Asin had an embroidered sleeveless top to go with her pants.

The crowd roared as Vijay rose to receive his Best Actor award. In his acceptance speech, Vijay expressed happiness over contemporaries Vikram and Surya getting awards.

" I wanted to do films which will satisfy my fans and make them happy. I do not select films and act for awards. But if I end up with one in the process, I am doubly happy. I am happy that some of the best known names in the industry have appreciated my talent." The awards were presented by Prabhu.

Lifetime Achievement awards were given to S.A. Chandrasekaran, S.P. Muthuraman, M.S. Viswanathan, T.M. Soundarajan, Manorama, Vijaya T.Rajender and Vinu Chakravarthy.

Asin got the best actress and Vadivelu, bagged the best comedian award. The best film was `Autograph' and best storywriter was Simpu. Nearly 33 awards for various categories were presented on the occasion.

Vijay answered some of the questions posed by Sathyaraj, Prabhu and Asin.

Actor Sathyaraj: His success in comedy?
Vijay : I like Super Star Rajnikant's comedy and I also adopt your (Sathyaraj) `lollu' comedy. My style is a mix of both.

Prabhu: How come a good physique comes with your good looks?
Vijay: The reason for my fitness is my parents and family. And, my fans. They are responsible for my happiness. People say if a person is happy then it would show on his face.

Asin: In the film `Sivakasi' which is the song you like the most?
Vijay: I like all the songs particularly `Vadumanka'.

When Asin prompted him to sing a few lines of the song he readily obliged.

Other sidelights of the function: In U.K.Murali's musical programme Madhumitha, Karthik, Vijay, Shobha Chandrasekar, Manorama and M.S.Viswanthan sang.

A huge applause awaited Namitha when she stood up to receive the dream girl award.

Television serials awards were also presented. Tamil Film Producers Council president T.G.Thygarajan was present. Kousalya and Abishek, received the awards for best actress and actor. Film Today editor and publisher P.T. Selvakumar received the guests.

No comments: