Thursday, May 03, 2007

Writers on a new line

IndiaGlitz
[Thursday, May 03, 2007]

It is now the season of dialogue writers turning to direction. Bharathan, who penned dialogues for Dhil, Dhool and Ghilli, is wielding the megaphone for Azhagiya Tamil Magan while Vijay, whose dialogues in Mozhi won him accolades would be directing Prakash Raj's Vellithirai. The former is a one-time associate of director Dharani.

On venturing to direction, he says, “It is very rare for an individual to get an opportunity to direct a mass hero like Vijay for his maiden film. I consider myself very fortunate. Though the story doesn't belong to me, I was very privileged since Vijay called me personally to direct the story that he came across. I have a good rapport since I penned dialogues for his films Youth and Ghilli”.

On the movie, he says, “It is an interesting movie where every character has a say on the story. Vijay is as usual at his best. A tailor-made character for him. Shreya and Namitha have chipped in with their best”.

No comments: