Thursday, July 06, 2006

"Direction means tension"-Vijay

Cinesouth.com
- 06.07.2006

After the flop of `Aathi' (according to Cinesouth) Vijay has taken his own time in selecting a project and he's all set to be directed by Prabhu Deva in the re-make of `Pokkiri.'

It is produced by Ramesh of Kanakaratna Movies. The pooja for the film took place this morning at AVM's new Pillayar temple. Vijay, Asin, Prakashraj, SA Chandrasekhar and Shoba Chandrasekhar, Nasser, Selvaraghavan and others participated.

The minute the pooja was over, Vijay and Asin hurried to the nearby shooting spot where Prabhu Deva directed them in a few scenes. In between the shooting, Vijay spoke to the press.

"Even when I was acting in `Rasikan,' `Deva' and `Sendoorapandi,' I got offers to act in Telugu and Hindi, but I turned them down because of language problem. `Pokkiri' was a super hit in Telugu but we have changed it a bit in Tamil with some comedy. Since Prabhu Deva is directing the film, there will definitely be Tamil nativity in the film. The stunts will be unique under FEFSI Vijayan's direction. My fans will see their requisite song sequences too.

For a long time, the press has been wondering if I would direct a film. I should know well how difficult it is to direct. It is tension work and I am not suited for it. I have absolutely no desire to direct," said Vijay.

Will you contest in the Nadigar Sangam elections? "I have no idea," responded Vijay.
"Vijay is doing the role of a character Thamizh and the film will be released for Pongal," said Prabhu Deva.

No comments: