Thursday, July 06, 2006

'Pokiri' Movie Launch

IndiaGlitz
[Thursday, July 06, 2006]


After almost six months, it was action, start, camera for Vijay.

The actor's Pokiri being directed by Prabhudeva hit the floors. A remake of Telugu blockbuster, Pokiri stars Asin opposite him.

A host of celebrities including director S A Chandrasekhar, producer-director Rama Narayanan, Prakash Raj took part in a function held on Thursday. Vijay’s mom Shobana clapped the movie to a start.

Speaking at the function, Vijay, said, 'We have made few modifications in the script to suit the Tamil audience. I am keen to render a blockbuster with Pokiri'. epischomagi: Asked why he has restricted himself only to Tamil, the actor said, ' I am happy with the roles I get here. It is Tamil filmdom that brought me name and fame. Hence I concentrate on Tamil only for now'.

Asin was also thrilled to work with Vijay after the success of Sivakasi. She has changed her hair styling for the movie.

On his part, Prabhudeva, said, 'I am taking all efforts to render a success in Pokiri. Directing a popular star like Vijay is a real challenge, which I relish'.

The movie will be released in January 2007.

No comments: