Thursday, June 28, 2007

Man of the masses

Vijay is emerging as the man of the masses. Last week on his birthday, (June 22), the star visited the Children’s Hospital, Egmore, and presented all the new born babies there who shared his birthday with gold rings. Says Vijay: “It was a spontaneous decision, as I was born there. I want to do something for the ordinary people.”

The rest of the day he spent at home and in the evening, he had a quiet dinner with his family and close friends. The actor had just completed a hectic shooting schedule for “Azhagiya Tamizh Mahan” (ATM) in Hyderabad, directed by newcomer Bharathan. The film has Shriya in the female lead and the music is by A. R. Rahman.

In the film, Vijay plays an unusual character with negative shades. All that he is willing to say is, “I’m my own enemy in ATM. My films are meant for the masses, so it will be packaged as an entertainer with all the ingredients that one associates with a Vijay film.”

SREEDHAR PILLAI

No comments: