Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Vijay does Pasu Puranam in Madurai

Cinesouth
- 06.03.2007

The normally reticent Vijay has actually been rather vivacious in his recent trip to Madurai. Vijay

Since the 'Pokkiri' collection has been extremely good, a function was organized in Madurai. Instaed of just participating in it with silk shawls and garlands, Vijay also made it a function where he gifted 9 cows to the poor. To sounds of whistles, he also gave a speech.

"I like Madurai. It is here that Inbaraj started the first fan club for me. Madurai soil is famous for Tamil, culture and courage. Makkal Thilakam MGR became an MLA from Madurai. Madurai gave us Puratchi Kalaigar Vijayakanth and Vaigai Puyal Vadivelu. My father S A Chandrasekhar studied here in Madurai.

Anbuchezhian, the head of Distributors Association, has been inviting me to Madurai for a long time. It is my wish that I should always help others. I have helped to support some. I have helped conduct weddings for some poor couples. Gifting a cow is said to be a noble act and this was suggested to me by Anbuchezhian.

Vijay

Instead of giving fish, it is said that it is more useful to teach someone how to fish. That's why I want to gift these 9 cows and hope that it helps the 9 families to live well. This gives me great satisfaction. "

Vijay gave this speech at the end of the function. "I am working very hard to maintain the high position that the Tamil people have given me. I do not consider anyone my competition. My competition would be my earlier release. It is my responsibility to see that my next film does better than my earlier film. My father is my role model in life. In cinema, there are many."

Link: http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/06032007-2.shtml

Copyright: Cinesouth.com

No comments: