Tuesday, June 13, 2006

"Nayantara vaaa?"

By Moviebuzz

She came, she saw, she conquered. Today Nayantara is hot property down South. It took her just six films to conquer the hearts of millions of audience. Now Nayan’s kitty is full with some really big projects both in Tamil and Telugu. She radiates natural warmth as Moviebuzz catches up with the actress at the location of Vallavan in Chennai.

Extract from the interview:

You have a very high success ratio as films like Chandramukhi, Ghajini, Sivakasi, Kalvanin Kathali and Telugu film Lakshmi were all super hits. Comments.

Yes I am lucky to be a part of these films. Though I have to confess on hindsight that the worst decision that I ever took was to do that role in Ghajini. My role did not shape out the way it was narrated to me and I was photographed badly. But I have no complaints as I consider all that as a learning experience. Now I make sure about the characters I do on screen.

Chandramukhi with Rajni sir and the song number with Vijay in Sivakasi gave me immense reach among the masses. And when Vijay himself says before the song- “Nayantara vaaa?”, it registered in the mind of the audience, created an aura, which really did wonders to my popularity.

Read the full interview at:
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?cid=2408

No comments: