Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm following MGR's way – Vijay

Cinesouth.com
- 25.01.2007
Vijay
VijayThe stories are not different; the get-ups are not different; no film is different from the other. Despite that, Vijay's films continue to work well and that in itself is a difference.

We asked Vijay about this.

"Please don't make me out to be some Thomas Alva Edison who has discovered a success formula," said a jovial Vijay in a departure from his usual reticent behavior. "Such a formula has been followed from MGR's times to make a film a commercial success. When this makes everyone happy, it strikes me that this formula is not bad at all.

Vijay


The Puratchi Thalaivar followed this formula and I'm following his way. I am for it, so I don't intend to change route needlessly. I choose the story according to my mindset. Though most of my films become hits because of that, sometimes it just does not work. But I don't break my head about why this or that happened."

He's indeed clear in his thoughts!

No comments: