Saturday, October 04, 2008

“Aamir Khan is a big fan of Vijay’s dance”-Murugadoss

From Murugadoss's interview to Behindwoods:

Did you happen to meet any of your Tamil crewmembers while on the Gajini shoot?

I met Vijay accidently in a lift at Ramoji Rao Studios. After initial pleasantries he asked me if he could visit the Gajini sets. I was shocked and invited him personally to the sets and introduced him to Aamir. To my surprise, Aamir immediately recognized him and said that he is a fan of Vijay and his dance. He also recollected how he and his wife would be glued to his songs on TV while in Chennai. Aamir also met Manobala during that occasion and remembered him from Gajini. Those ten days are unforgettable in my life. I also met Thotta Dharani in one of the Telugu film sets. It was like visiting a close relative’s house. The hospitality was simply remarkable.

You once said only Vijayakanth could carry off the Ramana character.

Although I don’t keep actors in mind while framing stories, I do think Ramana’s character is etched out for Vijayakanth. I did not in the wildest of my dreams think of working with Aamir while creating Gajini. Same way Dheena was supposed to have Vijay and turned out to be an Ajith film. Gajini was made for Ajith and Surya ended up starring in it. This ideology works for my Telugu movies too. It’s funny; sometimes I have Kunjaramma in mind while creating a story. That’s how things work with me.

No comments: