Monday, February 05, 2007

'Pokkiri' overtaking 'Chandramukhi'!

Cinesouth
- 05.02.2007
Vijay
'Pokkiri' is doing extremely well in all the Tamilnadu theatres and the happiness of its success is visible on Vijay's face.

He shared his joy with the media who battered him with questions.

Looks like you are unable to come out of the action formula?

It's true I've continuously done action films. I don't feel I'm caught in anything. I think I am going in the right direction. In the beginning, I chose films for their stories. But the success and fame came to me only from my action films. I am willingly caught in this formula.

But isn't there too much violence in 'Pokkiri'?

Vijay But there seem to be more women in the audience than men! The box office collection for 'Pokkiri' is fast overtaking 'Chandramukhi.'

When do you plan to do a dual role?

Most probably by the end of this year! After completing 'Azhagiya Thamizh Magan,' I will be acting in a film produce by Udayanidhi, the son of MK Stalin. Talks are on and once matters are finalised, a formal announcement will be made. I am also ready to do a film with Prabhudeva.

I have no interest in direction. Directing a film is not an easy matter. It's a tension packed job. Direction is not suitable for my temperament. I have no intention of acting in any other language except Tamil."

No comments: