Saturday, January 07, 2006

My fans will like `Aathi` : Vijay


By Moviebuzz

Vijay is ready with his Pongal release Aathi and he is extremely happy by the way it has shaped out. In fact his dad S.A.Chandrasekhara is the producer of film under their home banner `Sooriyan Arts'.

In this exclusive interview Vijay speaks

How has Aathi shaped out?

Its going to be a racy entertainer that my fans will lap up. Though the producer is my dad, he did not even come once to the sets. At the same time, he gave us all what we asked for. Even though it is a remake of the Telugu hit Athanokkade, director Ramanna has changed the story to suit Tamil nativity.

We believe that Aathi does not have the usual Vijay mass elements…

I agree that it is not made like a Tirupachi or Sivakasi and does not have introductory song, lead punchlines, item song… But let me assure you that all essential Vijay items are there for my fans. The sentiments are worked our well.

Why did you do two trailers for the film?

We wanted to go savvy and high-tech with two trailers. The first trailer is "Aathi-Making Promo" and second "Aathi- theatre trailer". Both the promos have been slickly cut by Digital Magic and they have been able to give the feel of a racy action packed entertainer. We have done a title song exclusively for the trailer.

The music of Vidyasagar is already a chartbuster. Which is your favourite?

The audio of Aathi is already a hit especially the melodies. My favourite is "Olli olli iduppae..Odiyanam ethukku.".

Your combination with Trisha has always clicked. Do you think that this will be a hat trick victory for the pair?

(Smiles) Everybody seems to like the pair after Ghilli and Tirupachi. And in Aathi, Trisha has an equally important role, and appears in as many scenes as the hero. She has done a fantastic job.

What would you say is the USP of Aathi?

I would say that it is the story and the way Ramanna has shot the film. Added to that, Saikumar who plays villain is simply terrific. My confrontation scenes with him are superb.

Will Aathi be the Pongal winner? (Smiles)

I hope so..at least for my dad's sake!

Sify.com

No comments: