Sunday, August 12, 2007

Vijay gets Doctorate

By Moviebuzz | Sunday, 12 August , 2007, 12:07

‘Ilayathalapathy’ Vijay has been conferred a Doctorate by the Chancellor, the Board of Management and the Academic Council of Dr. M.G.R Educational and Research Institute (Dr. M.G.R University).

Vijay will be conferred with the Degree of at the ensuing convocation of M.G.R University to be held on 27th August 2007. The noted scientist Padmabushan Dr. Madhavan Nair, Chairman, ISRO will be the Chief Guest at the function.

This recognition by M.G.R. University and their Board of Management is to honour Vijay's spectacular achievement in the movie industry and rising to glorious heights at such a young age.

The University also strongly feels that Vijay has contributed immensely to the cause of the poor and downtrodden through social welfare activities with support from his beloved fans.

In an quick chat to Moviebuzz, the youngest actor in the world ever to be conferred with a Doctorate speaks:

What did you feel when you first heard the news?
(Laughs) I thought that someone was pulling a fast one on me and told the person to stop joking. Later when the news was confirmed, I felt extremely touched and happy.

Why did you feel that someone was joking?
See first and foremost, I don’t feel that I have done something great to get a doctorate. What ever little social work and help that I have done to the needy and my fellowmen was out of my sincere passion to help them. And all this getting noticed by the board and conferring a doctorate on me brings joy and great happiness.

And when is the function going to be?
It will be conferred to me on Monday, August 27. And I am very happy and thrilled that Dr Madhavan Nair one of the finest scientists in India will be the chief guest.

If we were to say that it is this humble nature and modesty that makes you different from others...?
Smiles

No comments: