Monday, November 12, 2007

Vijay keen to team up with Thangar

By Behindwoods News Bureau.
November 12, 2007

The audio release of ‘Onbadu Roobai Nottu’ directed by Thangar Bachchan was held recently and the industry’s crème de la crème was spotted at the function. The film has Sathyaraj in the lead role in the name of Madhava Padayachi. While speaking at the occasion, Ilayathalapathy said, “I am an ardent fan of Sathyaraj sir.

Vijay
Whenever I will have to perform scenes which require some sort of lampooning around, I will immediately see his films and go to sets with the same effect. Though I wish to act with Sathyaraj, I am afraid that he will overshadow me completely.” Vijay was also appreciative of ‘Periyar’ and ‘Ammuvagiya Naan’ which are making their entry into international film festivals.

He further disclosed his desire to act in story-centric films, at least two of such genres in a year. He was commending Thangar Bachchan’s work and wished to team up with him wherein an amalgamation of his talent and Thangar’s touch of nativity could yield an interesting cocktail. He also believed that a time would surely come when his desire would be fulfilled.

The audio release was attended by Mani Ratnam, Parthiban, Archana, Bharati Raja, Seeman, Vasanth, producer Kalaipuli Thanu and many others.

==========================================

Vijay wants to act in at least in one film with Rajini
Cinesouth - 12.11.2007

In Vijay's films, one can see about 99.9% of a Rajini film structure and now Vijay has actually expressed his desire to join hands with the superstar in a film.

'Onbadhu Rubaai Nottu' directed by Thankar Bachan features Sathyaraj in the lead role. Music is by Bharadwaj and the audio release took place last evening in Chennai.

Vijay

It was released by Nagaravi and received by Bharatiraja and Mani Ratnam. The artistes on stage included Vijay, Parthiban, Prabhu Deva, Archana, directors Seeman and Vasanth and poet Vairamuthu.

The usually reticent Mani Ratnam actually praised Thankar Bachan to the skies. "As far as Tamil cinema is concerned, we have some giants in each time frame. It includes Sridhar, Mahendran, Bharatiraja, Balachander and Bhagyaraj. In today's time frame, we have many wonderful directors. More than a 10 of them are of world class talent and Thankar Bachan tops the list."

Vijay spoke next. "Beginning with small roles and rising to top hero status are 2 actors, one is Rajini sir and the other is Sathyaraj sir. I love to watch Sathyaraj in his comedy roles. I have acted with Nadigar Thilakam Sivaji Ganesan. I wish similarly that I could act in at least in one film with Rajini sir.

I am very impressed with the songs in Onbadhu Rubaai Nottu.' At aleast once in 2 yaers, I think one should act in such films. The time's not far off when I shall act as a hero under Thank Bachan's direction."

Thankar Bachan beamed with delight at so many compliments showered on him at the function.

============================================

Vijay's dream desire...
IndiaGlitz [Monday, November 12, 2007]
"I want to act with Rajni", says Vijay

Speaking at the audio launch of 'Onbathu Rupai Nottu', directed by Thangar Bachan. The movie features Sathyaraj, Archana and Rohini in prominent roles, Vijay said, "I am a great fan of Sathyaraj. I love his satire on screen. I want to act with Sathyaraj and Rajnikanth. However if I act with eminent personalities like Rajnikanth and Sathyaraj, I would be lost in their screen presence. I wondered at Sathyaraj's acting performance in 'Periyar'. I was thrilled when I came to know that it was nominated for the National award."

Vijay said that he would love to do an off-beat movie once in a couple of years. Directors Mani Ratnam , Bharathiraja, Parthiban, Seeman, Vasanth, produces Kalaipuli S Thanu, actors Sathyaraj, Prabhudeva, Archana, lyricist Vairamuthu, music director Bharadwaj also spoke on the occasion.

http://www.indiagli tz.com/channels/ tamil/article/ 34595.html

No comments: