Thursday, April 24, 2008

Actor Vijay, Dhoni form mutual admiration society

MUTUAL ADMIRATION: Dhoni and Vijay are full of praise for each other.

MUTUAL ADMIRATION: Dhoni and Vijay are full of praise for each other.

Chennai: The Chennai Superkings take on Mumbai Indians on Wednesday and among those who'll be watching it keenly is IPL Chennai's brand ambassador, actor Vijay.

It also looks as though the Superkings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Vijay have found a fan in each other.

"Definitely all my fans will come – they are all cricket lovers too so they'll definitely come and cheer the team. Besides my support, the team will also have my fans' support," Vijay enthused.

For his part, Dhoni is full of praise for his team’s brand ambassador.

"He's a great guy,” said Dhoni. “I've met him just once during the launch function. It'll be interesting to know him better and of course the film industry here too – that'll be a relaxing time.”

Vijay returns the compliment twofold.

"Dhoni's a superstar, I don't know about myself," he quipped.

"Before I met him, I was feeling like, ‘I was gonna meet a big cricket captain, but he was so down-to-earth. He said, ‘Hey I know you, I've seen you on TV’, and he made me feel so very comfortable."

Watch the video

As for films, looks like they will have to wait because there's something else on top of Vijay's mind.

"I saw the Mohali match. We've taken 250 runs which no other team's got so far – ours is a strong team that can win under any circumstances – my mind's totally in tomorrow's match," he said.

With the actor there to cheer his team, Wednesday's match should be a double delight for all Vijay fans.

No comments: